Saturday, February 4, 2017

Saturdays In Indy: The Accomplishments Of Writing


As a writer, it's easy to get bogged down in Amazon rankings or sales figures on royalty statements, and forget WHY I chose to write in the first place.

To create stories that people would love to read. At the core of all this hard work is that one simple desire.

One of the reasons I have my crystals, my wind chimes, and my evil eye amulet in my writing room is to surround myself with positivity as a write. I draw energy from those objects, and that in turn helps keep me focused on the stories and the characters.


But even with all that, it's easy to forget my accomplishments. Sure, I can spout off numbers for you, but it's nice to have tangible proof of all I've done. That is why I have my print books, and those lovely Evernight Publishing Readers' Choice Awards from the past two years in that room, as well.


The crystals, the amulet, and the wind chimes feed my inner self. The books and the awards are the tangible proof that I do have readers, and that they like my books. Love them, even. As a writer, I need both.

Until next week, enjoy your Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of books. And I believe that I've read them all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comment will be visible after moderation.