Wednesday, February 15, 2017

MidWeek Tease: You're Asking A Lot

Welcome to MidWeek Tease hosted by Angelica Dawson!

Today, enjoy a tease from Passion Peak, Colorado 4 - CHASING FELICITY. This is a spin-off series of Racy Nights, published with Siren-BookStrand, and contains 6 books total.

You can purchase the entire Passion Peak, Colorado series from Siren-BookStrand by clicking HERE.

In this snippet, pastry chef Felicity Featherstone becomes involved with Dom Maverick Orantes and paranormal investigator Kane Easton...

Felicity stood in her kitchen a long time after he left, wondering how the hell she’d landed in this mess, and what she was going to do about it. One quick glance at the clock told her that she’d better hurry up or she’d be late for work. She put the dishes in the dishwasher and ran upstairs to take a shower and get dressed.

She went downstairs and retrieved her phone. Her heart sank as she realized she’d missed one call and several text messages from Maverick. “I have so fucked this up,” she whispered, scrolling through the texts. A knock on her front door sent her scurrying to it, and when she opened it, assuming it would be Kane, both he and Maverick stood on her front porch.

“Looks like we both had the same idea,” said Kane, but his face didn’t mirror the carefree way he’d spoken.

Maverick glanced at the phone in her hand. “I’m assuming you didn’t check it last night.” It wasn’t a question. Somehow, he knew she was checking her messages for the first time since last night.

She stepped aside and opened the door. “Why don’t you both come inside? My neighbors will eat this up if we talk on the porch.”

She thought at first neither man was going to come in, but finally they did, and she closed the door behind them. “Maverick, I’m sorry, I forgot to bring my phone upstairs last night, and I just realized that now.” There was no point in pretending for him that Kane hadn’t spent the night, or that she’d been too distracted to think about her phone.

“You don’t have to apologize. I shouldn’t have assumed I was taking you to work today.”

“I don’t know what to say right now. I’m very confused. I don’t want you guys upset with me, and I don’t want you upset with each other.”

“You’re asking a lot,” said Maverick, quietly.

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.
If you want to read more from other authors, click the links and enjoy...





16 comments: