Saturday, November 5, 2016

Saturdays In Indy: COFFEE!!!



Welcome to another edition of Saturdays In Indy

I have this thing about coffee. It's true. The dark liquid wrapped its slightly oily tendrils around my brain cells when I was in college the first time, and it never let go.

Anyone remember this? My mother didn't drink coffee but her parents did. Of course, they had one of those humungous percolators in their home and made "real" coffee, but she kept this around for when they came over. Every birthday I had as a child included them, plus this jar on the table. How they could stand to drink that shit was beyond me. It even smelled bad. Nothing at all like the enticing aroma in their home when they made coffee.

Or how about these? I swear I had every flavor there was in my dorm room at Kent State University. The coffee in the cafeterias was too nasty. Back then, we didn't have Starbucks, Tully's, Einstein Brothers, Seattle's Best, Caribou, or anything close to that. These fed both my caffeine and sugar addictions in one easy step. LOL!!

Eventually I grew up, graduated from nursing school, and learned to drink hospital coffee when desperate. But in my apartment, I had one of these babies. Although mine didn't have the fancy clock. And we certainly didn't have the variety of coffee in a can (or a bag) that we do now, but I managed to keep myself going anyway. You can't miss what doesn't exist yet!!

These days, our coffee maker looks more like this. You can choose your strength, set a timer, and I think it even does the dishes. Heh-heh... And our coffee is either Starbucks or my newest obsession... LAVAZZA!! We first tasted this coffee while having dinner at Maggiano's right here in Indy and fell in love instantly. With the coffee, I mean. We were already in love with each other. LOL!!

If you love rich flavor, at a price that's the same as buying a bag of Starbucks from a local store, check out Lavazza by clicking HERE. Easy to order and quick to ship, this coffee is imported from Italy.


Whether you love it or loathe it, here are a few of my favorite coffee memes to make you smile.

Isn't that the truth?

Until next week, enjoy your Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it's a nurse thing, or a writer thing, but I'm a massive coffee addict myself. My hubby calls me the "Coffee Queen " Great article, as always!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Your comment will be visible after moderation.