Saturday, October 8, 2016

Saturdays In Indy: Grits!!

Welcome to another edition of
Saturdays In Indy

Today marks the beginning of ten glorious days off work for me! I plan to do lots of writing, hang out with Hubby, catch up on my reading, and relax. A lot.

This morning Hubby and I started out with breakfast at Bob Evans in Brownsburg - a hop, skip, and a jump from where we live on the western edge of Indianapolis. They didn't have Bob Evans down in Murfreesboro, Tennessee where we lived for six years, but they did have grits. And that was the first time I'd ever tasted them. I fell in love instantly.

So, yes this morning I had grits. That picture up there on the left is my actual bowl of grits I ate this morning, along with scrambled eggs, bacon, and wheat toast. YUM!!

This scene below My Cousin Vinny, where NYC-born and bred Vinny and Mona Lisa try grits for the first time in Alabama, is one of my favorite scenes in that perfect movie. Enjoy!



And if you find yourself in Brownsburg, Indiana, be sure to stop in at Bob Evans and try the grits! Just like they made them in the 'Boro.

Until next week ... enjoy your Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment