Wednesday, October 12, 2016

MidWeek Tease: This Will Be Finalized Tonight

Welcome to MidWeek Tease hosted by Angelica Dawson!

Today I'm offering another snippet from my next release, THE ALPHA'S FORBIDDEN MATE. This is the second in my Blood Moon Lynx series, and it's releasing from Evernight Publishing soon!!

Arizona and Gillian are at dinner, where he's explaining what mating means to a shifter...

As she leaned forward, she rested her clasped hands under her chin. “So, the real question here is, what do you believe?”

“About choosing a human for a mate?”

“Yep.”

“It’s not a choice. We don’t choose our mates. They’re given to us by fate. The second I looked into your eyes, I knew you were mine.” Arizona took her hands and held them. “You can’t approach this from the perspective I had any power to resist you, or to select an alternative. I did not. I never will.

“So this is forever.” Her voice came out all breathy and smoky. Arizona was in a lot of pain now, but she was worth any amount of discomfort.

“Yes. Eternally. If you died I would not mate again. I couldn’t. I only have one mate, and you are the one, Gillian.”

Arizona watched the emotions cross her beautiful face, from curiosity to awe, and finally to the one he craved—acceptance.

“You have no doubts about this, do you?”

“None.” He shook his head. “It’s as certain for me as breathing.”

They locked gazes for what felt like hours. Arizona didn’t want to look at anything except his mate, but was forced to when he caught sight of their server approaching the table. Their salads were here.

****

Gillian’s appetite wasn’t what it had been when they’d first arrived, but she didn’t want to leave any of the food uneaten. The salads here were legendary, and after the first bite, she knew she’d finish it. But everything in her life had now changed, and she still had a multitude of unanswered questions.

“Do you mind if we continue talking while we eat?”

“Of course not. I don’t want you to have any doubts by the time we leave this restaurant.”

A nervous laugh escaped her throat. “Arizona, I’m not sure I can cast aside all my reservations within a couple of hours.”

“I’ve made it my mission to see that you do. I can’t deal with anything less than your complete and total surrender, Gillian. You’re my mate. I need you and I want you. Tonight. This will be finalized tonight.”

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.
If you want to read more from other authors, click the links and enjoy...

6 comments:

  1. Nice teaser, Ravenna! And that's a beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the intensity of a fated mate. Great tease and congrats on the release. I'd be happy to host it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete