Wednesday, July 20, 2016

MidWeek Tease: Until You Tell Me What I Want To Know

Welcome to MidWeek Tease hosted by Angelica Dawson!

Today I'm offering another sneak peek from my WIP. This is the second book in my Tortured Love series, and it is a dark, contemporary, erotic, May-December romance available that I have just submitted to Evernight Publishing!!

Carolyn has come face-to-face with Jagger Tyrell, the man she lied to the police about earlier...

“Carolyn, I don’t want to hurt you, but here’s the deal. Someone told you that is me in the photo, or you came to that conclusion another way. It’s not me. But now the police and probably the FBI think it is, and that doesn’t leave me in a good place.”

Two fingers shoved her in the left shoulder and Carolyn took a step back. “And the reason I’m not in that good place is because of you.”

“I’m sorry.” She glanced around.

“No one is here and there are no cameras.”

“I said I was sorry.” She should run. Her breathing became quick and ragged as fear raced through her once more. Now more than ever she wanted to talk to her uncle. Why the hell hadn’t he called her back yet?

“Sorry doesn’t fix this.” He stepped closer until they were barely an inch apart. “Did someone tell you to go to the police and tell them that was me in the picture?”

There was no reason to bother answering. He saw the truth in her eyes. She was sure of it.

“Who was it? Who told you to do that?”

The common sense she’d been looking for finally returned from its coffee break. “Who the hell do you think you are threatening me?”

He snorted. “Oh, that’s rich. Truly. I’m threatening you. You waltz into a police station and give them false information about a robbery, but I’m the one who has threatened another person.”

A sensation of coldness enveloped her body as it began to shake. She glanced around again, but he was right. No one was here, and it was nearly dark. She didn’t even hear voices in the distance. Why had she come into the park alone at night? She wasn’t usually this careless about her own safety.

Pain shot through both shoulders as Jagger placed a hand on each one and dug in. She winced. “Here’s what we’re going to do. We’re going back to my apartment, and we’re going to stay there until you tell me what I want to know.”

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.
If you want to read more from other authors, click the links and enjoy...


10 comments: