Wednesday, July 13, 2016

MidWeek Tease: 'I Said I Won't Hurt You."

Welcome to MidWeek Tease hosted by Angelica Dawson!

Today I'm offering a sneak peek from my WIP. This is the second book in my Tortured Love series, and it is a dark, contemporary, erotic, May-December romance available that I hope to submit to Evernight Publishing soon!!

Carolyn is about to come face-to-face with Jagger Tyrell, the man she lied to the police about earlier...

Perhaps she could find a job in a little shop somewhere nice, and maybe she’d even meet a man who stuck around long enough to see past her history and upbringing. Perhaps one day she’d have a home in the suburbs. Or better yet, a place in the country where she could settle into a peaceful routine. Someplace with open spaces and plenty of fresh air to breathe.

Instead of stealing them, she would buy the things she needed, and in time she’d forget what it smelled like in prison, or how it felt to walk into her PO’s office once a month and beg for a job. Any job.

Carolyn was so engrossed in her fantasy life that she didn’t hear someone approaching until the footsteps were directly behind her. She intended to rise off the bench and turn around, but the person was too fast.

A strong arm grabbed her around both shoulders, and a hand held her face from behind in a vice grip. “Don’t move. Don’t scream. I won’t hurt you. I only want to talk to you.” His voice was soft yet commanding, and she knew who it was.

Hot fear raced through her like lava had been shot into her veins. She tried to turn around but he held her too tightly. She was so afraid, she was certain she’d pass out. “Please don’t hurt me.”

“I said I won’t. I just want to talk to you.”

“Okay.”

“I’m going to let go and sit next to you.”

Once he released her, Carolyn swallowed hard to try to tamp down the fear. He walked around to sit next to her. “Don’t run away. I’ll only find you again.”

It wasn’t a surprise when Carolyn turned to face him. She had already guessed her assailant was Jagger Tyrell.

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.
If you want to read more from other authors, click the links and enjoy...


8 comments: