Wednesday, June 15, 2016

MidWeek Tease: We're Meant To Be Together

Welcome to MidWeek Tease hosted by Angelica Dawson!

Today I'm offering another peek at a book I've recently submitted to Evernight. This is a lynx shifter romance.

Canyon has kidnapped his mate, Fiera, and is trying to persuade her they belong together...

Her skin was so soft, and her scent drove him to distraction. Her lush curves molded against him, fueling his desire. He’d waited so long for this girl, and now that she was this close, he could barely control his arousal. She was aroused, too. He could smell it on her. She wanted him as badly as he wanted her.

“Fiera…” Canyon brushed his lips along her hair, forcing a soft whimper from her. “Stop fighting this. I won’t hurt you. We’re meant to be together. We both know it.”

She drew in a shaky breath as he moved his mouth to her neck, biting gently, but not enough to break the skin. Not yet. Her soft moan sent a rush of heat to his entire groin, and Canyon knew he was nearing the point of no return.

He pressed his lips against hers while fireworks exploded behind his eyelids. When he pulled her closer to his body, she jerked her mouth away from his. Canyon nearly recoiled at the fear and resignation in her beautiful blue eyes.

“Stop! Please! You don’t understand.” Her voice came out in a breathy whisper, and it was filled with the same desperation he saw on her face.

Canyon tightened his grip on her. “You’re right. I don’t fucking understand any of this. Explain it to me.” This girl had been his since the moment he’d met her, and up until a week ago, she had told him she felt the same way. If Hawke had done or said something to change her mind, he’d fucking kill him in the town square, with his bare hands. And damn the consequences. Without Fiera, Canyon had no reason to live.

“I’m the only heir to my family’s business. If I mate with you instead of with Hawke, they will have my father declared mentally incompetent and take what’s left of the business.”

What?

“My family will be ruined, and my father might as well be dead. You don’t completely understand their power. They will do this, Canyon. Of that I have no doubt. Things are already in motion. I can’t stop it unless I allow Hawke to make me his mate.”

Canyon stared at her. His entire world tilted on its axis. He did not want to believe that the Medinas would stoop this low, but now he had no choice. Everything he and his father had suspected was true, only it was far worse than he’d imagined.

“They actually told you this?”

“Yes. That’s why I’ve been avoiding you. When I’m near you…” The look on her face said it all. She did want him. He’d been right about that. His heart filled with joy, but then she sucked in a hard breath as if she was about to cry. “I only want to be with you, Canyon, but I can’t. I have to take Hawke as my mate.”

The knowledge she hadn’t changed her mind about knowing he was her mate meant nothing in light of this revelation. If he claimed Fiera as his own, she’d lose everything her family had worked generations for. But if he gave her up to Hawke, Canyon would lose his mate, and he and Fiera would both be miserable for the rest of their lives.

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.
If you want to read more from other authors, click the links and enjoy...



12 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite the situation to be in. A great tease! All the best with this submission! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a complicated affair. I hope things can be set straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dilemma. I wonder how they get to sort it. Best of luck with your submission, Ravenna.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snippet, Ravenna, and good luck with the submission!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool teaser :-) Good luck with the sub

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a complicated situation! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete