Wednesday, April 13, 2016

MidWeek Tease: Do You Own A Red Dress?

Welcome to MidWeek Tease hosted by Angelica Dawson!

Today I'm offering a snippet from my upcoming release, RUTHLESS TEMPTATION. This is book eleven of The Weathermen, and it releases this Friday, April 15th!!

Viggo has given Madison two choices: have dinner with him, or lose her job...

Perfect. “Then I’ll see you at six.” He reached for his phone. “Give me your number. I’ll text you directions.”

“I’m not coming to your place for dinner.”

“Yes, you are.”

She put her hands on her hips. The gesture made him want to kiss her in the worst way. “And if I refuse?”

“I call Ralph’s supervisor in Central.”

She stared at him like he’d just told her he intended to kill her puppy. “Why? I told you why I did this. I admitted it was a terrible thing to do, and I apologized.”

“I have more questions for you, and this way you can relax and divulge your secrets in a more comfortable atmosphere.”

“Bullshit. You’re trying to seduce me.”

Oh, he liked this girl. Her confidence was very sexy. “Would that be so disagreeable?”

“You don’t need to sleep with me to find out who I am, or prove what I’ve told you is true.”

“That’s correct. I don’t. It will take me less than ten minutes online to learn all there is to know about you. And then I’ll call Ralph’s supervisor.”

“Unless I come to your apartment and have dinner with you.”

He wouldn’t have put it exactly like that, but since she did, he decided to go with it. “I’m glad you see the logic in this. What’s your phone number?”

“This is blackmail.”

“No, it’s not. It’s a business proposition. Have an enjoyable evening with me, or risk losing your job.”

“What do I get out of it?”

“Lobster. Unless you prefer steak. Or better yet, let’s have both. Do you prefer white or red wine?”

She almost laughed. He saw it before she could rein it in, and he resisted the urge to pump his fist in the air. “I can’t decide if you’re insane or simply a very persistent man.”

“I’m both. What’s your number?”

She gave it to him, and he texted her his address and the code she’d need to get inside the building. “Do you know where this building is?” he asked, once her phone pinged with the incoming text.

“Yes.”

“I’ll let the security staff know you’re coming. Oh, do you own a red dress?”

Excuse me?”

“Or royal blue. Either color would look stunning on you.”

“I’ll wear what I want.”

He shrugged. “Suit yourself. As long as you show up by six.”

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading. If you want to read more from other authors, click the link and enjoy...



This is from RUTHLESS TEMPTATION, the eleventh book in my series. You can find the first ten books - AN APPETITE FOR BLACKMAIL, OBSESSION BY DESIGN, THE PRICE OF SECRECY, EXCLUSIVE ACCESS, A SLOW-BURNING DANCE, TAKING PASSION BY STORM, A COVERT CONQUEST, SURRENDERING TO CHANCE, SYSTEMATIC SEDUCTION, and HARDWIRED FOR ECSTASY HERE from Evernight Publishing.

Bookmark the link below to keep up with the latest from this series!!


12 comments:

  1. I wonder if her independence will work against her. Great tease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tease. Best of luck with the release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took a lot to wear her down, but I have a feeling she'll still put up some resistance to his plans. Great tease!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I love these two already! Fabulous tease, Ravenna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tease with wonderful characters. Good luck on the release

    ReplyDelete