Wednesday, January 20, 2016

MidWeek Tease: I Want Another Chance...


Welcome to MidWeek Tease hosted by Angelica Dawson

Authors: this is a great opportunity to spotlight a few lines or even a paragraph or two from a new release or backlisted title. Readers: you get to sample some delicious snippets! We’ll do our best to tease, titillate and tantalize you into the weekend.

Today I'm offering a snippet from my upcoming release, SURRENDERING TO CHANCE. This is book eight of The Weathermen, and it will release next month!! ...

Grayson and Valerie are traveling by train from one city to another, and they're having breakfast together. It's a chance to finally clear the air between them...

“The truth is that I did use this trip as an excuse to be alone with you. I think you know that.”

She nodded. No point in being coy now.

“But even I’m not crass enough to seduce a woman when she has a sick friend in the hospital. I meant that part. I’m not going to try and get you into bed. I only want to spend time with you again, and see where it leads us.”

Valerie wasn’t often speechless, but damned if she wasn’t now.

“You don’t even have to give me an answer now. You can think about it. Answer me once we’re back home.” The corners of his mouth turned up. “It’s not like either of us is going anywhere.”

The few brain cells still synapsing finally kicked in. “Grayson, that’s a very … romantic and chivalrous thing to say, but it’s a moot point, isn’t it? You are who you are. This will only lead us back to the same place we left it a year ago. I won’t ask you to change. It’s not right.”

He reached across the table and took her hands. She bit back the moan that tried to surface, but it wasn’t easy. Touching him again sent electric jolts racing through her body. Most of them landed on her throbbing clit. Holy fuck. How long was the ride to Central? She’d be a mess by then.

“Would you believe me if I told you I have changed?”

“No.”

“Fair enough, but hear me out. I don’t want to be a player any longer. The truth is that I didn’t want to be one when we were dating, but I was too full of ignorant pride to admit that to myself.”

“What’s different now? It’s been a year since we broke up.”

“Yeah. I know. And for that entire year I haven’t stopped thinking about you, or how I felt when I was with you.”

“Did you mean what you said to me that day?”

“Which thing do you mean? I said a lot of things.”

Don’t chicken out now. This is your chance to finally get the truth. “When you said you might be in love with me, but it would never be enough.”

“That was a horrible thing to say.”

“I agree, but what I’m asking is whether you meant it. That even if you had been in love with me, it wouldn’t have been enough to make you stop wanting to see other women.”

He sighed. “No. I didn’t mean it. It was the stubbornness talking. I didn’t want to be with anyone but you, but I couldn’t admit it.”

“And now you can?”

He squeezed her hands. “Yes. I miss you. I miss us together. Valerie, I want another chance.”


Thanks for stopping by and happy reading. If you want to read more from other authors, click the link and enjoy...



This is from SURRENDERING TO CHANCE, the eighth book in my series. You can find the first seven books - AN APPETITE FOR BLACKMAIL, OBSESSION BY DESIGN, THE PRICE OF SECRECY, EXCLUSIVE ACCESS, A SLOW-BURNING DANCE, TAKING PASSION BY STORM, and A COVERT CONQUEST HERE from Evernight Publishing.

Bookmark the link below to keep up with the latest from this series!!


14 comments: