Thursday, December 31, 2015

Goodbye 2015 … Hello 2016!!


It's difficult not to look back on 2015 with mixed feelings. Plenty of good things happened. Life-changing events, really. It was also a year of heartbreak, and letting go of things that were very difficult to say goodbye to.

My first book as Ravenna Tate - SNOWBOUND - was published by Evernight Publishing on January 6, 2015. It did so well, thanks to my wonderful readers, that on January 5, 2016, my fourteenth book under this pen name - A COVERT CONQUEST - will be published by Evernight!

And I'm not even close to slowing down. Look for several new series plus other exciting projects in 2016!!



My VOYEUR MOON series did so well I was thrilled! A best-seller on Amazon, I enjoyed finally putting those stories to paper. They'd been nagging at me for a long time.

But then another fascination of mine struck, and I had to write THE WEATHERMEN. That series is still going. A COVERT CONQUEST is book 7, and there are 5 left to go after that one. The series has been well-received and well-reviewed, and I am thrilled to pieces because of it!

In May, my husband David lost his sister, Kathy. With her passing, we lost a dear friend and wonderful aunt to Nicole, our daughter. David and I both were sick from what turned out to be pneumonia at the same time. We missed Nicole's senior recital, but were able to attend her graduation from Austin Peay State University in Clarksville, Tennessee. Two days later, we were on our way to Ohio to attend Kathy's funeral.

In August, the follow-up to SNOWBOUND - ONE NAUGHTY FANTASY - released. It ended up being voted Best Menage in the third Readers' Choice Awards!! I was thrilled beyond belief! I had five nominations from those awards, including Favorite Evernight Author and Best Series - The Weathermen! AN APPETITE FOR BLACKMAIL - The Weathermen 1 - was runner-up for Best Futuristic!!

Speaking of awards, KIDNAPPED BY A WARRIOR - Voyeur Moon 1 - won for Erotic Romance/Romantic Science Fiction-Futuristic in The Romance Reviews Readers' Choice Awards Winter 2015!!

In September, I found out I may not have a job by June of 2016. My real job is undergoing significant cuts for those who do what I currently do. We will have to post for our jobs again in the next few months, and by April I will find out whether I still have employment past June. I am exploring other options in the same company, but due to our financial situation at home, those are limited since we would be hard-pressed to move to another state on our own right now. We've moved twice in the almost twelve years I've been with this company, but both times relocation assistance was offered. We need it again if I need to move again to keep my job.

I simply adore writing for Evernight, and I'm so happy with the success of the Voyeur Moon series, the first six Weathermen books, plus the Love Times Three series. By the way… Nina, Alex, and Cameron have another adventure coming up in the next few months!! Watch for it!!

On November 17, our dear cat Shadow passed away. She had been our cat since Nicole was in 2nd grade, and we all still miss her very much. Even Kitty misses her.


The real blessings of 2015 are my husband and daughter, my friends, and my dear readers. I wouldn't have a writing career under any pen name without all of you. Thank you doesn't seem adequate, but I do thank you from the depths of my soul.

So, raise your glass of whatever with me to bid 2015 farewell, and to welcome 2016!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

  1. God Bless little cat Shadow, and a Happy New Year to you, my distant friend. Cheers! As for that rubbishy stuff you have had to deal with, well, they do say the mills grind slow, but sure....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year, Katie-Ellen!! I'm so glad I got to know you. :)

      Delete