Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Mid-Week Tease: THE PRICE OF SECRECY - The Weathermen 3


Welcome to Mid Week Tease hosted by Sandra Bunino.

Authors: this is a great opportunity to spotlight a few lines or even a paragraph or two from a new release or backlisted title. Readers: you get to sample some delicious snippets! We’ll do our best to tease, titillate and tantalize you into the weekend.

Today I'm offering another snippet from my upcoming release, THE PRICE OF SECRECY. This is book three of The Weathermen, and it will release in just eight days on August 13th!! Dominic and Angela are at lunch, and she finally asks the tough question ...


The maĆ®tre d’ obviously knew Dominic, because he practically ran toward them. “Two for lunch, Mr. Greco?”

“Yes, and we’d like privacy, please.”

Is that so? Why?

They were led to an alcove at the back of the restaurant, partially closed by a heavy burgundy drape. No one else was close to them. Dominic ordered an expensive bottle of wine in perfect Italian, and she didn’t bother opening the menu. She’d puke if she looked at the prices.

“Will you choose for me?” she asked. “I’m sure I’ll love anything they serve here.”

He smiled at her. “How do you know that?”

“The smell.”

His laugh sent chills down her spine. “I’d be delighted to order for you. Any allergies or dislikes I should know about?”

She shook her head. “None.”

When he ordered an appetizer of lightly breaded calamari, and entrees of pasta alla norma and stuffed swordfish rolls, plus salads for each of them, Angela wondered how much work she’d get done this afternoon. She’d be asleep from all this food. After their server left, she asked him if he ate a lunch this lavish every day.

“No. This is a special occasion.”

She was about to say something else, but their wine was already there. She’d never seen such quick service. Did he own the place? After he’d tasted it and they each had a glass, Dominic lifted his. “To the start of what I hope is a wonderful relationship.”

She drank first, savoring the taste, and then she put down her glass and took a deep breath. “Dominic, I am really grateful for the job. Honestly. But what is all this? You take my arm inside the building, I’m in a ridiculously expensive restaurant with you, and this feels more like a date than a business lunch.”

It was one of the boldest questions she’d ever asked of an employer. Then again, she’d never worked for anyone like him, and she’d never been so obviously hit on by any of her bosses.

He took another sip of wine while he held her gaze. It was impossible to read the expression in his eyes, but she didn’t think he was angry. Rather that he was carefully choosing his next words.

“All right.” He placed his glass on the table and fixed her with a neutral stare. “Time to stop dancing around and come clean. Angela, I have a confession. It’s going to be very difficult for me not to want more from you than a work relationship. I think you’re beautiful and intelligent, and I also sense something mysterious in you that intrigues me. You’re quite irresistible.”


Thanks for stopping by and happy reading. If you want to read more from other authors, click the link and enjoy...



This is from THE PRICE OF SECRECY, the third book in my series, The Weathermen, which releases August 13th!! You can find books one and two - AN APPETITE FOR BLACKMAIL and OBSESSION BY DESIGN HERE, from Evernight Publishing.

Bookmark the link below to keep up
 with the latest from this series!!



12 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued too!! More please!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his honesty here! So looking forward to this releasing, Ravenna :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really liking this story, Ravenna -- looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great snippet, Ravenna, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a bold question followed by a bold answer. I wonder what her reaction will be, and whether this relationship will continue and grow into something else as well. Great tease! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a man that says what he wants.

    ReplyDelete