Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Mid-Week Tease: THE PRICE OF SECRECY - The Weathermen 3


Welcome to Mid Week Tease hosted by Sandra Bunino.

Authors: this is a great opportunity to spotlight a few lines or even a paragraph or two from a new release or backlisted title. Readers: you get to sample some delicious snippets! We’ll do our best to tease, titillate and tantalize you into the weekend.

Today I'm offering a snippet from my upcoming release, THE PRICE OF SECRECY. This is book three of The Weathermen, and it will release sometime next month!! Angela is interviewing for a job at Greco Communications, and Dominic Greco has her both intimidated and stumbling to form a coherent sentence...


“I don’t know on which site you’re reading my bio, but I worked on a project for my thesis that included cracking a firewall set up to match the one protecting a certain government agency. I successfully—”

“I know you did, Angela.” He cut her off, tapping the tablet. “It’s all here. Your very impressive resume, plus the firewall that only a few in your class could get through, including you.” He leaned forward and grinned, sending shivers down her spine. The gesture lit up his entire face and made him even more handsome. “That’s why you’re here. I don’t interview people who don’t already possess the skills I need on this team.”

He put the tablet down. “But what I want to know about you isn’t on your resume or in your online bio. Words are cheap. I’m more impressed by actions.”

She swallowed hard. “What would you like me to show you, Mr. Greco?”

“Dominic, please. We’re as informal here as in the rest of CentralWest, even though I do have a dress code inside this building.”

She glanced down at her suit, heat rising to her face.

“I wasn’t implying you’re not properly dressed for this company. You are.”

Score one for the outfit. “Thank you for saying so. What would you like me to show you?”

His gaze played over her face and her breasts. Well, he was a man, after all. And part of her had to admit she didn’t mind him checking her out. She should be pissed off, but he was so fucking gorgeous she wanted to leap over the table and kiss him. “That’s a loaded question.”

What? He’d said it under his breath but she still heard it.

He held up his hands. “Forget I said that. You might not want to work for me if you think I’m sexually harassing you during the interview.”

She wasn’t sure what to say. Was this a bizarre test of some kind, or was he simply a jerk? She couldn’t get involved with her boss. Especially not a man like him. If anyone could discover her real past, it was Dominic Greco. This was a mistake. What was she doing here?

Thanks for stopping by and happy reading. If you want to read more from other authors, click the link and enjoy...



This is from THE PRICE OF SECRECY, the third book in my series, The Weathermen, which will release sometime next month!! You can find books one and two - AN APPETITE FOR BLACKMAIL and OBSESSION BY DESIGN HERE, from Evernight Publishing.

Bookmark the link below to keep up
 with the latest from this series!!


12 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gonna be good! *bounces* Not that I like this series, you understand ;-) Fab tease, Ravena :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An interesting interview and teaser. Congrats on your upcoming release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very intriguing! Definitely leaves me wanting to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a tease! More please :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting tease, Ravenna. And I think she's right to be wary. Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH wow. *Swoons* I am diggin' Dominic! :D More more more.

    Great stuff, Ravenna!

    ReplyDelete